Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday August 24, 2011

Wednesday's are my favorite day on the blog....
Would You Ever Guess Wednesday is based on using cartridges in ways that you might not think to do so. We might also use the same items and make completely different things with it...
We all know how much I like to be different.... today is the best day to show you that!

Today I am going to show you a 10 minute transition to make your card 'pop' I am doing a Ustream tonight to show you HOW to do this in 10 minutes....  I do think a main part of how the 'cool' cards or scrapbooks layouts look so nice, is starting with the right paper. I like to pick a pattern paper first, then my cartridge and then find some solids or faint prints to go with it. I always see the projects that catch my eye, have started with great papers. I do have to admit... I never realized how papers have seasons and new releases....etc. but now, I have a love and excitement to see new releases.... ALMOST as excited as I get the third Thursday of the Month (Hello Thursday) when Cricut announces its new cartridges! How great is it that the day they announce them that we can buy them that same day, instead of waiting months for them to become available... LOVE IT!!! Who am I kidding I only love new paper releases half as much as Hello Thursday... I wait all month for the third Thursday of the month.... want to know what they are when they are announced.... go to www.Cricut.com and sign up for the Chirp! It is their online newsletter and how you will know what they have that is new.... and the weekly sale items, called Green Wednesday... Which is TODAY!!! EVERY Wednesday is Green Wednesday, but only the third Thursday of the month is Hello Thursday.
I have really learned so much in the past few months and I want to thank all of you for pushing me to use my Cricut Everyday and Share my projects and mistakes... I know I have personally learned the most when I have made a mistake. So here's to learning....

But First the projects that my Design Team has made to share with you all....

 

Yvette used Cricut Holiday Cakes to make this.....
How does this fit into today's theme... well would you ever guess that a CAKE cartridge was used to make this??? You might not so to see how Yvette made this please visit her blog..... http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
Autumn used Elegant Edges and for the Butterfly Cards and Damask Decor. Autumn used the Feature keys on the cartridge to make these.... What are the feature keys, well if you look at the Keypad overlay, the buttons on the top left are the feature keys, sometimes they say LAYER, CARD, TAG, FONT, PHRASE.... etc... To see more pictures and how Autumn made these please visit her blog http://autumnsbuggycreations.blogspot.com


 
 
 

 
 Laura used Birthday Bash and Paper Lace to make this.... using the Feature keys.... I just LOVE this card... I may have to Scrap-lift it :) To see this and all of Laura's Wonderful creations, make sure to visit her blog.
 
 
 
Jenny R used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge to make this card. I love all of the techniques and dimensional elements that she used to make this! To see how she made this visit her blog http://myimagitivity.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 
Melissa,
 in case you didn't know is my Sister-in-law (well next month she will be after her wedding to my brother)
Well this past weekend we sat down to make a few things and she gets to pick ANY cartridge she would like.... So we found some new papers and she used the Cindy Loo Cricut Cartridge.... But I wanted to show her in 10 minutes how to make a cute card, a wow card (in a matter of MY opinion) And tonight on Ustream i will show you a few of my little tips and tricks. Make sure to visit my facebook Cricut Craft Room for the link later today for the 8:00pm EST UStream, an interactive video chat.
 
Please dont forget to visit Melissa's blog where she has the sizes that she cut these items at.
 
Here is her card using the New paper. which is DCWV Mariposa paper.

And the AFTER in 10 minutes....

I used ALL of her cuts and added some butterflies to it.
Here are a few more detailed pictures...
I loved the colors that she picked, so I wanted to keep with them, but soften them and show them off.
 
Here is the view of the butterflies. I added foam dots, UNEVENLY... i put one under the bottom wings of the butterfly, then 2 under the top left one and 3 under the top right wings

I decided to replace the base of the card with a faintly printed paper. I also inked the edges of each layer and applied foam dots for dimension.

Here is a great view to see how the different wings on the butterflies are unevenly raised.


Here is an even better view to see how the wings are uneven AND the swirl how i put the swirl between different layers of the the little 'tags' she made.

Here you can see where I added lines of pop adhesive to make the lines pop up and allow me to put different wings under different layers, again adding more dimension. I actually used 3 different embossing powders, but it was easy....

Here is a great view of how UNEVEN they layers are.

Here you can see how the embossing powders and glitters were intentionally UNEVENLY applied...  I will show this on Ustream tonight...




I do hope you liked this 10 Minute Transformation!

I JUST HAVE TO SHOW YOU THIS ADORABLE BAG THAT WAS MADE FOR ME. IT ACTUALLY HAS THE CRICUT CIRCLES ON THE SKIRT. SHE MADE THIS IN MY CRICUT COLORS AND A SMALLER ONE FOR MY LITTLE CRICUT ASSISTANT, BELLA! ON FACEBOOK HER NAME IS LINDA HARRIS AND SHE MAKES THESE PERSONALIZED BAGS!
MAKE SURE YOU TELL HER ERICA SENT YOU ;)

Here is a close up of my adorable bag!

Here is one just with the Cricut C on it, for non-circle members, how cute is this!

Don't forget every week between now and Christmas I am giving away ONE Cricut cartridge at random from the comments left here. Each DAY that you comment you are entered to win that week's cartridge.

Tomorrow several of us used the Imaginisce Happy Camper paper, you are going to love what we made and how different they look!

 

49 comments:

Debbie said...

I appear to be the first today, love this transformation thanks
upnurse at aol dot com

Angie said...

Wow the cards are incredible. I love the bright colors. The Flower Thank you I think is my favorite. Mostly because its one of those cards you see and think - I think I can make one of those!!

Angie said...

The bags are just cute!!!

Anita Braddock said...

Very Beautiful cards loved them all thanks for sharing my fav is Butterflies. but all are very cool.
abbraddock@msn.com

Debbie Hall said...

Beautiful cards! I especially like how you were able to make the butterfly card look so different by adding a few techniques. It is absolutely beautiful and gave me some inspiration:).

Josie0602 said...

I love the cards and really love how you made the butterfly change into a work of art! I love to pop up my layers too and it adds so much to a card. Looking forward to the Ustream!
Tracy

Denise Gifford said...

The cards are so cute. Wow you really did turn the butterfly card into something amazing! Hard to believe it only took 10 minutes!!! Love it!

Denise Gifford said...

Love the little Cricut bag she made for you and your daughter!!! So cute.

sweetlilscrapper said...

super cute projects!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

Unknown said...

Oh I love your bags!!! thank you for the 10 min card tips cant wait for ustream

gshrader said...

Wow!! What a transformation! Amazing that you were able to do all that in 10 minutes! Will have to check out the ustream for sure! All the cards today look great! Thanks for sharing everyone!

Audrey Godere -Dickinson said...

o my everything looks great... everyone did a wonderful job on their projects... and those bags are just too adorable... tfs

Gweny said...

What a great way to wake up to beautiful cards and adorable purses. I can just picture little Bella running around the house playing dress up with her new purse.. love it. !!

Anonymous said...

As always great stuff Erica, and I have and love the Mariposa papers, see you tonight for more crafty goodness, thank you!!

Kris Dietz said...

I love these cards and how you changed their appearances. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

cema1cema said...

Great blot today!! I love how you dressed up your soon to be sister in law's card! I hope you are taping tonights ustream! All the projects were wonderful today! Christina :)

cema1cema said...

meant to say blog, having typing issues today!

KAT said...

great card tutorial. easy to follow and the bags are cute... i wonder what bella has in hers already!

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

Thank you so much for showing your beautiful card with butterflies! They look like they are really fluttering around with all its layers and glimmers! Beautiful!! I also love the adorable bags that Linda Harris made for you! She's one talented lady!
~Vanessa W

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

I really love butterflies! you made them really POP on the card! the glitter gave them that extra umph!! and to place them unevenly was a very good idea! I love the muted colors also. thanks for sharing

Mrs. Green said...

The 10 minute transformation was great!

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

your 10 minute transformaiton is AMAZING!

Amy E said...

I love the bright colors on the cards...that's mostly my style too...young and vibrant (even though I feel old and crusty sometimes! Haha!)

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Wonderful projects ladies! Everyone has done a fabulous job and I have enjoyed stopping by to visit with everyone and leaving a bit of love! Erica, love the card you and your future SIL worked on...turned out gorgeous! Those butterfly are amazing..great post today everyone!

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

OH my ~ I love love love it. =)

I love butterflies and I am always looking for them to work with on my cards and scrapbook pages. This has really caught my eye.

And what adorable bags!!! To cute.

Kimberly
kimberly.pate@gmail.com
http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

Like all the cards today.

Connie Layman said...

Can I just say all these beautiful projects brightened my day! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Cute ideas and I love those cute bags!

ocm said...

Great card ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

: )

Southern Scrapper said...

I just love the "just because" and the butterflies are so pretty!! and the bags? cutest things ever I could so see myself using them for purses! Thanks for sharing!!

Mayra said...

I love the butterflies. Thank you for sharing.

rhayhurst said...

All the cards are great...the colors are wonderful! My favorite is the "Just Because" card, but I love using butterflies! :)

Alisha said...

Great cards, I love the butterflies, that one is so vintage.
thanks

Janeen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janeen said...

I love the dimension on the card with the butterflies. Thanks for sharing how quick and easy it was. Love to learn new techniques!

Jen R said...

Great cards today...the transformation is beautiful! TFS

Connie Gail said...

Well I'm a little late in posting today but did enjoy seeing all the cards in today's post! I enjoyed seeing Mel's card and then how you changed the look with just a few other embellishments and color. That was fun! Enjoyed the video tonight...:O)

callyannc said...

Boy oh boy are you one busy lady! Love the sweet butterflies. TFS CallyAnn(follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

AllyBug28 said...

oh I love love LOVE the bags!

Linda Harris said...

Thanks for posting the bags Miss Erica!!!! I was hoping they made it ok!!! I am sorry to say I missed the U-stream last night. Had previous commitment. The card turned out absolutely gorfeous.

Linda Harris said...

Ummm Gorgeous !!!!!!! LOL

Flair Girl said...

This is FABULOUS! LOVE IT! SUPER STELLAR Linda-I'm sure you're going to be a busy woman now!

Suzys Crafts said...

Thanks for sharing on the Ustream last night. Love all the neat touches that just give it that extra wow!

Beth said...

Love the butterflies. So pretty. And what cute bags!

Anonymous said...

I love the cards and the cricut bag is so darn cute! what talent!!
Sandra
nz.sandra@gmail.com

gypsyrps said...

The cricut bag is out of this world. So adorable!

OCCricut said...

The Cricut bags are just too stinkin' CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the tutu purse and that card is delicious.. The purse my teenage daughter would be all over as zebra is one of her fetus's.. ha ha
Love, Gweny

Anonymous said...

OMG I just wrote fetus instead of fetish lol lol.. Please excuse my serious TYPO.. haha

Loves, Gweny