Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Giant Flowers help... as requested from facebook

Sunday's Blog hop post should be up between 10-10:30am EST.

Cricut Giant Flowers


Ok the trick for Giant Flowers is this...
(in my opinion)
1. Look at the assembly page and see HOW MANY of each you need to cut.... before you even get started....
2. Your base has all of the little slits to fit the other petals into.
3. I go through with 3 different colored gel pens.... I use the gel pen to color all of the slits that goes with each petal.... look at the book and what I am saying will make sense....
4. After you have color coded the little slits, apply adhesive to the front AND back of your base that you color coded the slits
5. Fluff your petals first, meaning roll them or ink the edges. I like to roll the paper over a pen, pencil or marker to curl the petal outward before I put it together.
6. Then slide the petals into the little slot they go in... start with the slots on the top with the smaller petals then work your way down the base and to the bigger petals....
7. As you fit the petals into the slots push them so they stick to the adhesive you put on the base... apply more adhesive as needed to hold the petals to the base.
8. Adhesive is the key to this otherwise it will fall apart.
I hope this helps.......


Link to the video tutorial Part 1


Part 2
Here is part two of the tutorial http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20543548


If you like this cartridge it is only $20 in the webstore....
PERFECT for weddings and showers....


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Erica for the explanation. This cart looks so intimidating but your experience makes it less confusing. Can't wait 'til tomorrows Hop. Hugs~Mary M

Unknown said...

Experience/mistakes.... I like to make the mistakes for you all first and then share them so they don't happen to you all!

KathyJo said...

Great tips!
KathyJo

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Thanks for the great tips!!
Beverly
jordanbev5@yahoo.com

Heather Lynn said...

thank you for the tips on this cartridge, Erica!
Heather Lynn Hawk Novinger on fb

missstamper said...

I don't have this cartridge yet, but thank you for the tutorial!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com
no facebook, no blog

Jenn's Paper Crafts said...

Thanks for the tips, though I don't have this cart YET, they will be helpful when I do it get it :D

SeriouslyHappy said...

This makes a lot of sense, watching videos helps a lot when trying to put these together. I can't wait to get this cart and make flowers for next Mother's Day. This year I am using Mother's Day Bouquet and shadow box frames. I will be sure to send you some pix, it will be my first project!
FB: Nicole Chavous
EM: seriouslyhappy@gmail.com

Becky Dunham said...

Wow, these are some beautiful flowers. After watching the videos, it makes much more sense. I don't have this cartridge but may need it some day so I appreciate the tips! I hate to admit it but this is the first time I have watched one of your videos - nice to put a face to one of my favorite bloggers :)

Simply Sweet by Sharon said...

I have seen so many flowers projects lately I think I will try one of the wreaths with the Art Philosophy. Thank you for the videos.

marg0006 said...

It appears to be a great cart.

marg0006@verizon.net

Tari said...

The flower I have cut out doesn't match any tutorials. I can't figure it out :( slots all over the place and I'm ready to toss it in the fire :(