Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Project Sunshine and Smiles - June/July 2012


To give you a little background on Project Sunshine and Smiles.....

I started the Project a year ago after
I was in the blog hop for Operation Write Home for the soldiers overseas to send cards HOME to their family.
I had a goal of 100 cards and had collected over 500.
So I decided it would be great to take cards to the kids at the hospital....
So I contacted St. Jude's to see if I could make cards for kids there and deliver them.
So I had a goal of 5,000 and collected over 4,000. I had arranged a trip to Memphis and then they said we were to able to pass out the cards. When I got there they said no I cannot deliver the cards and due to contamination they could not give them to the kids. So they said they would take them to the housing for parents and families and allow them to use the cards.

So I decided to pick a new cause each month to send cards to.
Last month we sent cards to a facebook friend's mom.
I looked back to see what we did in June last month and it was cards for St. Jude's.....

So I have a contact at Akron Children's Hospital
(who will allow the volunteers or myself to deliver the cards :)

The guidelines.......

1. You may make as many or as few cards as you like. You may make duplicates.
2. Please make ONLY get well cards.
3. Please write a small note to the child who is receiving it.
4. Envelopes are not needed
5. The card can be any size, for any age, boy or girl.
6. They can be for infants, toddlers, school age children, teenagers!
7. It does NOT have to be made with the Cricut.
8. Must be from a smoke-free home.
9. Please mail them by July 25, 2012


If you have any questions please email me ContactErica@aol.com
with the subject SUNSHINE AND SMILES.
Thank you in advance for helping these children who are in need of a happy card.

Please mail them to:

Erica's Craft Room
3312 S Main Street Unit A
Akron, Ohio 44319

6 comments:

silvia said...

Wonderfil cause and how special that you can deliver the cards in person.

I will get started on some cards this week-end

Diana Lynn Martin said...

This is such an awesome cause! I will start working on some cards right now!

Diana :)
Leelee Card Designs

Debbie said...

thanks for supporting/hosting causes like this
upnurse at aol dot c o m

Sue D said...

Great cause--I will see if I can work on this.

Heather Lynn said...

What a sweet thing for you to do, Erica!

mamawcindy said...

So Glad that I seen this post! This is an Awesome Cause. My little 5 year old Grand Daughter and I will make a Card tomorrow and get it sent out! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com