Here is a help guide to linking your Cricut cartridges with your Gypsy and Cricut Craft Room. Original information from http://www.cricut.com/home/support/gypsy-linking#howto
ANNOUNCING GYPSY LINKING
We are pleased to announce that you are now able to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device to the Cricut Craft Room® design software! That means you can access all of your content, both digital and cartridges, on your Cricut Gypsy™ device and your Cricut Craft Room® account simultaneously.
Now you can continue to create how and what you want to. We know that the wait for these new options has been long—we appreciate your patience and are confident that you will find them worth the wait!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Welcome to Gypsy linking! Just follow these steps to link your cartridges between your Cricut Gypsy™ device and the Cricut Craft Room® design software.
1. You will need to update the Firmware and the Support Content in order to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device to Cricut Craft Room®, but the Cricut Imagine® updates are completely optional and do not need to be checked if you do not own a Cricut Imagine® machine. You can uncheck those if you’d like.
2. Click on "Update Now."
3. The update will be complete in about 5-10 minutes. You’ll be required to restart your Cricut Gypsy™ device during the process.
4. Close Cricut® Sync, but leave your Cricut Gypsy™ device connected to your computer.
5. Open the Cricut Craft Room® design software and log in.
8. First you’ll want to click on "Sync." This connects any content from Cricut Craft Room® to your Cricut Gypsy™ device, similar to digital content updating.
10. To perform the first Uplink, you will need to agree to the terms and conditions.
12. Click "close." That’s it! All cartridges from your Cricut Gypsy™ device are now linked to your Cricut Craft Room® account and vice versa!