Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cricut Iron On VInyl and NEW Cartridge The First Few Years

Project and tutorial from Erica

Here is a sneak peek at the NEW Cricut  The First Few Years.
This is a great cartridge especially if you don't know where to start when it comes to scrapbook layouts... it has complete scrapbook layouts in it.... It takes the guess work out of scrapbook layouts!!! More images to come tomorrow!!! 

You can buy it now from cricut.com  (click here) 



 This is probably one of my favorite Cricut projects EVER!
I used the new Cricut Iron-On Lite Vinyl and new Cricut Iron-on Glitter Vinyl
I used black and the pink iron-on lite vinyl and the silver iron-on glitter vinyl





I was working with fabric to cover the white canvas, so I had to apply an adhesive to the fabric, I also applied the same adhesive to the canvas... why now, a better hold if they both had it on.
I used Pellon Clear Fuse 800. You follow the instructions on the plastic sheet with the clear fuse.
Basically lay your fabric on your ironing board with the good side facing DOWN. then lay the clear fuse on your fabric, cover it with another piece of fabric or a thin dish towel. The shiny side of the fuse web should be facing up. That is the backing. It takes a while to get the adhesive to "stick" It takes about 60 seconds on each area of the fabric. Allow the fabric to cool, totally cool. Then peel the plastic coating off, it should come off clean with now "web" stuck to it, if it is stuck, heat it again with the iron, allow it to cool. Repeat the process of removing the clear plastic backing of the fuse web. Be careful with other fabrics or the fabric itself... it seems like it has a static cling so watch out or it might try to stick with you.

My biggest tip... don't forget to FLIP the design, there is a button to do so on the expression, if you are using Craft Room scroll below to see that button to FLIP. I would even recommend putting a post it not on your machine that says FLIP, that way before you load your paper/vinyl you will remember to check if it was flipped. In on evening I forgot 4 times to flip the design and wasted my vinyl.




I used a white 8"x8" canvas. I added the fuse web to it also.





Here you can see how well the fabric sticks to the canvas.... and I didn't even iron it together yet.... 
it was the static thing that I was talking about. Pull the fabric to it covers the canvas nicely, with no wrinkles. You can pull and stretch it a LITTLE bit. The sides and corners are the most important parts to end up with a beautiful flat project. 




Here is the back, and it was not ironed yet. I ironed the front, then the 2 sides shown here (left and right) then i tightened up the corners and ironed the top and bottom side. I tucked the corners in before I totally ironed it down so that they would stay tucked in. 




Here is the front, nice and flat.




I added the Pink Cricut iron-on vinyl lite that I cut at 6" from the Cricut Stencil Cartridge. Don't forget to FLIP your design.... or practice with paper first to make sure that your cut is going the right direction instead of wasting your pretty vinyl. 




I then used the Boho Graphics Cricut cartridge for the word LOVE. Now it was actually words in a heart. but I wanted to be different and customize it. It is a design by Lindsey Stiles. 






 Here is the design that I started with in Cricut Craft Room, it is from Boho Graphics




To make it your own click on the image until the grey box appears around the design then select the HIDE CONTOUR (I circled it in purple for you)




From there you can select to hide any lines that you want.
If it is red when you click that is the line that will "disappear"
Don't worry if you make a mistake, just click that line again and it will reappear....
I just LOVE Cricut's Craft Room!!! 




After I selected all of the line that I wanted to hide I click the EXIT button right where the HIDE CONTOUR button was. 




Here is my image with the lines hidden.... 
 I flipped this design then I cut it out of Cricut iron-on lite vinyl. 





Next I went back into the HIDE CONTOUR and i hide the letters L V E then i clicked on the heart image below to make it reappear. I FLIPPED the design and cut it from the Cricut iron-on glitter vinyl. 




 Don't for get to FLIP your image before cutting. There is a purple circle around the FLIP left to right (or some people call it mirror function) 









Click here to Get $15 off your Cricut Iron-on Sample Pack!


Make sure to visit 
Today's Deals on Cricut.com (click)

580538_Holiday Banner 468 x 60


Boho Graphics used for this project.





 Brooklyn Iron-On







The First Few Years 



















DESIGN TEAM CALL!!!!

A spot on this design team could be a great opportunity for people to see your projects each day and each week. We are about to get VERY busy.... top secret stuff!!!
VERY Soon we will be sharing some sneak peeks of upcoming Cricut items before they are released.... 
After they approve the picture of course! 
This design team term is April to the end of October.

As a part of the team, 
you will need to make one post a week on your blog in correlation with this blog. 
You will also need to participate in our 100 Cricut cartridge blog hop the first Saturday of each month. You will get a blinkie for your blog and your blinkie
 (if you have one) will go on my blog here, on this blog.  

I am looking for a few beginners, a few intermediate and a few highly talented people. The main thing that I am looking for is for you to show your work and give a detailed description so anyone can replicate your project no matter how simple or advanced your project is.

The general rules of my blog and facebook are to share Cricut projects in a positive way. 
We promote the use of Cricut cartridges and but we do not SVG images. 
I also like you to use actual stamps and not digi stamps.

To apply please email me ContactErica@aol.com

Please put the subject DESIGN TEAM CALL 
Please include:

1. Your name
2. What country and time zone you live in
3. Blog address (you have to have a blog, feel free to create one)
4. A link to your favorite project you have made. If you have not posted it anywhere, you may attach a picture of it in the email.
5. Your project must use cricut cartridges.
6. List any other design teams if you are on one or have been on.
7. Your facebook name (if you have one)
8. Then tell me why you would love to me on this design team!


Best of luck!

Submission deadline is 
Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:59pm PST

No comments: