Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Saturday, August 18, 2012

My project for the How Does Your Garden Grow Blog Hop

You can order all of the newest Cricut cartridges, use the code FREESHIP for free shipping! Here are the newest Cartridges.

ALL Cartridges are on sale this weekend!!!
Also on Sale this weekend for only $18 .....
Elmo and Friends Holiday, Elmo's Party, Sesame Street Seasons, Going Places, Paisley, Winnie the Pooh Font,Princess Party, SpaceLink Party, Robot Party, Girls Make-up Party
I decided it was fall in my garden.
I used the Cricut Artiste cartridge to make this explosion box.
I did the fit to page and it came out to be 5 1/2" 90% of the leaves were made with Artiste, I also used the new Tablescapes Fall & Winter cartridge. I just cut various leaves out at sizes from
1" 1 1/2" 2" 2 1/2" 3" 3 1/2"
I used the Bo Bunny Apple Cider paper collection. I used one set of the Jewels, the dimensional sticker sheet. I bought the set of decorative brads but I did not use them.
I used 12 sheets of paper to make this. 2 cream, 2 yellow, 1 brown glitter sheet, 1 orange glitter sheet, and 6 of the Bo Bunny papers.
I used Star Dust Stickles, Cinnamon stickles, Hot Chocolate Liquid Pearls, Bisque Liquid pearls.
Zing gold metallic embossing powder, Antique Gold embossing powder, I used one pack of larger foam squares and one package of smaller foam squares. Some chunky Martha Stewart glitter in gold and orange. I used Tattered Leather Tattered Angel's glimmer mist.
I also used several gel pens
I will be selling this as a kit. You will get all of the peices cut out and the Stickles, liquid pearls and a small amount of the embossing powders. 2 Packages of foam squares, A small amount of the chunky glitter, 4 dew drop inks. You can pick to have the leaves embellished or not. This kit will be $25 plus shipping. You will be able to order this later in the week and it will ship out on Monday August 27, 2012. This is a first come first serve set, I will not be getting more in. Each week I will show a project and sell the kit and extra papers and embellishments for one collection of papers. Every Saturday I will post that week's project, then that evening on Ustream I will show you how to make it. Once you buy one kit you are then on the list to get the preview on the Friday before the project is posted. You can then order earlier than everyone else. If you have not ordered a kit before you can buy it Saturday night. There will be a limited number of kits each week. I will also carry the extras to match. But once its gone its gone.
Because this is the first kit, I have no idea how many to order. So they will be pre-sale now and will be ordered on August 27 and shipped on August 30.
On August 25th I will show a new kit and that night will be the class on Ustream for it. You do not have to buy the kit to watch the Ustream, it is open to all. Pre-Linksale will be Friday night and open to all to buy will be Saturday August 25.


I hand cut this girl from one sheet of paper. I then added Star Dust stickles to her hair, shirt, vest and boots.


Here is the top, the girl here was from the demintional sticker sheet


Here is the top view of the base of the box.




This bushel was so much fun to make. I used dementionla dots to make the leaves 3-D



Here is the box opened up



I cut out all of my leaves and I leave them on the cutting mat to embellish them with ink, it creates a lot less mess.





I aded Liquid pearls to the glitter leaves.






Here is the fun and messy part. I stamped in brown first then I inked some of the edges, then I prayed the tattered angels and intentionally let it spray large 'splatters' I also used Shimmer Mist in gold and sparkle.




Here are my leaves after I took of the excess paper.







I used Gold ink to stamps this design for the base.





Here are all of my leaves decorated.
I will be showing how to make them ALL on Ustream on August 25








Here is a close up of the inked and then glitter embossing on the paper.






I used several gel pens to outline the edges of the colors here on the paper.






Here is a little "tag" that I made for one of the sides.







Here is a close up of the girl on the inside. I cut her out by hand and then put the embellished leaves behind her.








Have you ever had trouble with adhesive sticking to glitter paper???
Just cut out a little hole on the back for the foam dots to go through, you do this from the bottom so the adhesive stick to the back of your top layer and the glitter paper fits around the adhesive.







Here you can see that I traced all of the lines on this paper to give it a richer look. YES it took FOREVER to do it. But so much fun!






Here you can see the tracing when just a little bit of it is done


Here is the little dome covered in adhesive to stick the leaves to. I used eyelets and brads to keep it attached to the lid.

16 comments:

Hot Berry Designs said...

wow! I love all the detail on your project.

Anonymous said...

Very cute and I love love love Bo Bunny!

scrapbookingforfun said...

Love the explosion box and all the amazing fall colors in the Apple Cider Line!!!
MCCR DT Shelley

Amanda said...

Ohhh wow! I love this!! You did an awesome job Erica!! Love the colors! :)


Amanda
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

Beautiful beautiful love it love how you used the glitter

Nana Diane said...

Gorgeous work! You've captured the colors and textures of fall in your project!

TeresaK said...

YOUR project is amazing! I can not wait to hop to see all the other projects!
Teresa
MCCR DT

Pocono Pam said...

Love this project! The colors and layers are awesome!

Dawn, RI said...

Like the explosion box. Interesting how you did the leaves.
Dawn RI

Haidee said...

That was AMAZING chica!!!! i LOVE it!!!! Wish i had more time and felt good to do this project!!! TFS

pruttybird said...

Wowsers ... I am in total awe of this expulsion box. Incredible :)

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Great box!!
Angela
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

Marilyn said...

Awesome project!! Very creative. Thanks for sharing

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com
http://www.whodatscrapper.blogspot.com

Sonia said...

Wonderful box, love all the details you added to it... lots of work you did there... thanks for sharing...HUGS...SK :)
I am following your blog and added you to my networked blogs list... hoping you visit my blog, follow and network me too.

Sonia
http://skdigis.com

Debbie said...

this is an amazing project love all the details thanks for sharing this with us
upnurse at aol dot com

ClaireR said...

Awesome Explosion Box Erica! Love all the details. Tracing the paper makes such a difference, beautiful!
ClaireR