Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Friday, December 23, 2011

25 Days of Chrsitmas December 22, 2011 Theme- Gingerbread


Today's Theme is Gingerbread...
I hope you brought your sense of humor today at least for my project ;)


I used "Tis the Season to make this I cut the gingerbread man at 2 3/4"  
This is a plastic triangle bag, It has hot chocolate in the bottom, on the back o f the tag it tells you to snip the bottom of the bag and get the hot chocolate out and it will make 3 cuts, then undo the twist tie on the top to get the marshmallows out. I do recommend a damp paper towel to wipe inside the bag above the hot chocolate. I didn't like how it colored the bag where the marshmallows were, it looked dirty and the hot chocolate mix stuck to the marshmallows. So I wiped it clean before adding the marshmallows.

This is with the little elf giving gingerbread shaped (and flavored) marshmallows as an extra treat. I think this is funny because it is giving gingerbread men with their parts all together and the one on the card says,
"Need an extra hand" in a way mocking the gingerbread guy.... Ok, it was funny to me, at least.

The card itself was just cut at 3 1/2" x 3" I then rounded the corners. I used copper embossing powder for the edge of the cream card and on the words "Need an extra hand" I also used the same embossing powder for the gingerbread man, BUT, I added the clear gel crystals to the gingerbread man while the original was recently heated and still warm. It creates a "wet" look or grainy, it looked more like a real cookie than a smooth gloss would. I then used White Liquid Pearls for the accent on my little guy, but I then wiped them out, so it gives it a tint but not a stark white look, I didn't thing it would look right with a champagne colored card. For the card, this was plain solid colored paper that i used for the card. Then I used Beige chalk Versa color ink to make lines on it. Then I used start dust Gelly Roll pen to define the sparkle lines. I didn't want perfect lines so I did it all by hand. I wanted some thick and some thin ones.

Don't forget with stamps you can always ink part of the stamps and only have part of it inked when you apply it, don't forget you can make your own sayings for stamps, only ink the words you want.
The possibilities are endless.

This was made with the K. Andrew Designs Pirate Tales and Fish Scales Stamp set.... different I know.
Here is the entire set of stamps. I am also on her Design Team, she has amazing things planned for 2012 as well! I can't wait to share it all!





Enjoli used gingerbread and George and basic shapes Cricut cartridges.



 
 

Jen L used her Cricut to make the decorations for her outdoor house
to see how she made this go to her blog www.mybusycraftylife.com
  Today's theme is Gingerbread but my full time Design Team had the option to stick with out original theme, of Beach.... I love this, warmed me up inside!

Tammy S used the Life Is A Beach and Accent Essentials carts for her card. Please visit her blog at http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com  to see how she created it.





Kathy made this card using Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut Cartridge.
Please visit her blog to see how she made it http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/




Jamie A  From My Kitchen, My Community, Winter Frolic, Stretch Your Imagination.
Please visit her blog http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/



 
Tonya made this card using Peachy Keen Stamps and the Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge.
You can find all the details on her blog ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com 
 
 
 
 
 
Jennie made this scrapbook layout with Christmas, Storybook and From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridges to make this project. She used 2 different K. Andrew Design stamp sets today!
Please visit her blog http://jenscrapstoo.blogspot.com/ 







Jessica used the winter frolic cricut cartridge to make this Christmas card.
Check out her blog at http://www.Inspiremepink.com

 
 
 
Marji used Stretch your Imagination to make this ornament and this card please visit her blog  www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 
Amber made this yummy treat with Paper Dolls Dress up. 
 

 

3 comments:

Jen R said...

Wow a ton of great projects! Good job ladies!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love the elf with the gingerbread parts so stinking cute!!! Great job on the others too :)

gshrader said...

Love these great gingerbread projects! So cute!! Thanks for sharing everyone