Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Friday, October 14, 2011

Festive Friday October 14, 2011



I LOVE Fridays around here. Wednesdays AND Fridays are my Favorite Blog days!!!! Wednesday because they are so much fun and we have such fun challenges around here and Friday.... well who doesn't LOVE a give-away!!! Even I do! I love Christmas not to get presents, but to decorate and be festive and happy and spread that happiness and excitement. I also have very specific gifts for people and I get SO EXCITED to give them. I usually don't get presents (we usually do Christmas in the fall when money isn't so tight for us) Then at Thanksgiving my family picks names and we ONLY buy for the name we pick as the adults and then we usually all buy for the kids. There are only 4 of them. I think Melissa and I are going to do our own exchange with each other AND then together make something for everyone. (I just have to share my idea with her tomorrow ;)  But our family exchange is $25 and we get one adult. Everyone (Grandma) loves when I get there name, I try to make things as personal as I can and tend to break the rules and go a little over the $25, but lately I have not because I would rather spend a little more on the kiddos. I actually have had Bella's Christmas gifts done since January 2, 2011. As SOON as the American Girl doll of the year comes out I get it and the special 'set' that goes with it. It is NOT cheap but she looks at the magazine every week all year long looking forward to that. So it is a HUGE gift that she looks forward to. Now I have to plan a gift for her and my niece to do together when Melissa and i craft together. If only we loved closer than an hour away... I fear we would be together daily if we did. Tina lives about 40 minutes from me... so I am kind of out here on my own...

      

Rosa made this banner and was inspired by a t-shirt Erica wore on one of her Ustreams. She used Paper Dolls dress up (her favorite at the moment) George and basic shapes and Joys of the Season.
Her blog is http://kleymanr.blogspot.com/
(It was actually a shirt I embroidered) I cannot believe how well she made this to look like my shirt!
 

Here is my shirt I wore ....

This was 2 years ago for Halloween, but I had to show you how well she matched my shirt!

Melissa used Chic and Scary Cricut Cartridge.




Gayle used Happy Hauntings, Paper Doll Dress Up, and Accent Essentials on her layout.


Jen Roseman made this.




Holly used  Cricut Cartridge American Alphabet on her E2.  (I even see her E2 in the background ;)




Tanya created two Christmas gift tags using Doodlecharms and Winter Frolic.
To see how she made these, please stop by her blog at http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/ 





Sharon used Paper Doll Dress Up
Her blog is http://simplysweetbysharon.blogspot.com/









Today's Cartridge giveaway is Scandinavian Christmas cards. I give away ONE Cricut cartridge EVERY Friday, I pick a random comment from the past week to be the winner. It is announced every Friday, as is the cartridge that is given away. Please email me to claim your prize EricaCraftRoom@aol.com

The winner is.......
cema1cema said... Cute projects! I love the candy project! Christina

Congrats!

Don't forget about our Fall Favorite Blog Hop Tomorrow!



21 comments:

MissScrapAlot said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Shawnee said...

Very cute projects. I love using my E2.

Crafty and Green said...

I don't live 40 minutes away silly.... Usually about 25 when I'm driving and maybe 30-35 with Heavy traffic....but it used to only be about 10 before I moved. :( Lizzy wants to come play with Bella soon!! Ladies... great projects!!

Liz said...

congrats cema!!!

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Congrats!!! I want to come out tomorrow so badly, but Ethan is acting like he doesn't feel good..His lab work came back today again, and his anti-rejection meds is acting up and if they act up then it hurts his kidneys...Ugh..Liver disease stinks..Anywho...Love all the projects and ERICA I LOVE THE BLOG BLINKY SUPER COOL..

Anonymous said...

Ladies these creations are wonderful, great fun TFS

Rosa said...

Congrats cema!!! I love all the projects

Cathy said...

congrats to the winner"_

Autumn said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Such awesome projects, ladies!!!! LOVE the one that matches Erica's shirt, and those furry tags!!!!!! You all did an amazing job (as usual!)!!!!

Congrats, Christina on your cartridge!! I know you'll put it to good use! :)

gshrader said...

Congrats on winning the cartridge! Awesome prize! Great projects again today! I love being a part of this awesome group!

cema1cema said...

Thank you Erica!! I am so excited to win Scandinavian Christmas Cards! As always today's projects were wonderful!! So many talented gals on your design team!! Although I love all the Halloween projects, Tanya's frilly Christmas cards were soo cute! Great job ladies!! Christina

Liz said...

great projects from all the ladies today!

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Congrats to Christina..lucky lucky girl!

Congrats to our design team members too for all the fantastic projects!

Tracy

Laura-cubed said...

Hi Erica. Love the banner and your costume from 2 years ago. As far as a get-together-project, since my kids are now in opposite direction from us in college last year I "borrowed" my niece's girls on my traditional day to make gingerbread house for the season and had them make it last year. Didn't go over well since they had to leave it here so this year we'll make two - one for my centerpiece and one for them to take home. Inside I hide little fun stuff and the kids get to "open" it on New Year's eve. That's their little thing to look forward to for the New Year. All of the kids want to be at our house lemme tell ya!

Keep on scrappin and bloggin! I'm hooked... Laura

Alisha said...

Love all the projects, and love everyones posts.
alisha.nielsen@gmail.com
http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

Southern Scrapper said...

those fuzzy tags are really cute..but all the projects are great ...as always!!

Connie Layman said...

Congrats Christina! Love all the projects today!

Denise Gifford said...

Congratulations Christina!!!

What great projects today! Love the cute picture of Erica and Bella!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day !!!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Great FESTIVE projects today ladies! Erica, you and Bella look soooo cute! Love the matching banner...ca-ute!

Amanda said...

COngrats Christina! Beautiful cart 2 win! Had fun on the hop 2day~awesome & inspiring projects! Thanx every1! ~prhmangel at gmail dot com

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Awesome projects!!! Can't belive it! And congrats Christina